Thursday 22 November 2012

Guacamole



Guacamole is one of my favourite things to eat, if you are crazy about avocados like I am there is no better way to eat avocados than in a lovely chunky guacamole. This is super simple to make even a child could do it, it may be a little messy but isn't that what is fun about cooking? I digress, I would have to put my neck on the line and say this is probably one of the best dishes of mexico.

You will need:

1 tsp of maldon salt
2 tbsp of chopped corriander
1 green chilli
2 large ripe avocados
1/2 tsp of sugar
1/4 tsp of cumin powder
the juice of one lime

Using the salt as an abrasive pound the chilli until it is a paste, then add the avocado. Mash the two together until they are a chunky paste, then add the lime juice, sugar, cumin and chopped corriander. Mix until combined, dig in and enjoy.

No comments: